OCR Interpretation


Press-Republican. (Plattsburgh, N.Y.) 1966-current, November 03, 1995, Image 12

Image and text provided by Northern NY Library Network

Persistent link: http://www.nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn88074101/1995-11-03/ed-1/seq-12/


Thumbnail for 12
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3,1995 FORECAST Showers, falling temperatures Northern Franklin: Today: Showers likely. Morning high in the upper 50s: Temperature falling in the afternoon. Southwest wind* around 10 mph becoming west 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. To- night: Mostly cloudy. Low near 30. Saturday: Clouds mixed with \\some'' 'sunshine ••; and- -scattered- flurries. High about 40. Northeastern Clinton, Eastern Essex: Today: Showers likely. Morning high near 60. Temperature falling in the after- noon. Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west and in- creasing to 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Chance of a shower. Low 30 to 35. Chance of rain 30 percent. Saturday: Clouds mixed with some sun- shine and scattered flurries. High 40 to 45. Southwestern Clinton, Western Essex: Today: Showers likely. Morning high in the mid 50s: Temperature falling in the after- noon. Southwest wind around 10 mph becoming west 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Low 25 to 30. Saturday: Clouds mixed with some\* suQshine and scat- tered flurries. High about 35. Extended: Sunday: Chance of snow showers north. Fair Ifoul-h. Low in the 20s. High 35 to 45. Monday: Chance of rain or snow showers. Low in the 20s. High 40 to 45. Tuesday: Chance of rain or snow showers north. Chance of showers south. Low 30 to 35. High 45 to 55. High, low listed PLATTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Weather report for the 24-hour period ended 4 p.m. Thursday High temperature: 52 Daily average high: 49 Low temperature; 42 . Daily average low: 34 Precipitation: .10\ Month record high: 71 Month record low: 1 Today's sunrise: 6:33 Today's sunset: 4:40 Degree days: 18 Degree days last year Oct. 2: 14 Degree days to date 1995: 537 Degree days to date 1994: 587 Degree days represent the difference be- tween 65 degrees Fahreinheit and the mean temperature for the day, providing an estittiate for calculating heating costs. Si VS OO-DEKl SKl i Sou+h f^ Jfton. - S«t. LEGISLATOR AREA 3 IIMIWIUIIIM^IIIIIIIIIIIIIMI Typhoon hits Philippines PAGE12 JBLICAN mm X MANILA, Philippines (AP) - Typhoon Angela battered pro- vinces east of Manila on Thurs- day, damaging thousands of buildings and forcing more than 135,000 people to flee their homes before it gained strength and headed for the capital. There were no immediate reports of casualties, although civil defense officials reported at least 15,000 houses destroyed or damaged in Catanduanes pro- vince, an island 230 miles east of Manila. More than 135,000 people were evacuated from their homes ln\\Caran\duaneB~and- 6arrrarmes Sur and Albay, two provinces in the Bicol region on the southeastern leg of the main Philippine island of Luzon, they said. The government closed all schools and government offices oh Luzon and parts of the central Visayas islands, and people in coastal towns were told to move to higher ground to escape possi- ble high waves. Winds gusting up to 169 mph knocked down power lines, cut- ting electricity in most of the eastern region. The weather bureau said Angela's sustained winds had in- tensified from 128 mph at 4 p.m. Thursday to 141 mph by mid- night. Angela was 150 miles east of Manila at-midnight, before it barreled through other provinces in the Bicol and southern Luzon regions, which have few high mountains that could shatter or weaken it. REGIONAL Weather Friday. Nov. 3 AccuWaathai* lewcm lor <UyHm» condHteoi NATIONAL Weather Un«» tat hih tfflmt'zotiM for (£%,!•>•> '::•: •: X \r» day.' e 199S AccuWeather. Inc. HIGH LOW SHOWERS (HK TSTOmiS FIIWWJ6S SNOW ICE SIMNY PT. CLOUDY CLOUDY //.177/77 7/ RKFISISIHSU p home, without removal, at less then 1/4 the cost! Don't remove- IMPROVE!! PORCELAIN AND FIBERGLASS BATHTUBS: REPAIRED & REFINISHED > Decorator Colors >Easy To Clean > Lead Free ^^v^HS^^XP > Commercial Pricing *- ***& Tested by Sears & the Nat'1 Bureau of Standards Call TODAY for a FREE estimate 563-7606 OR TOMORROW NOON TIL 6 PM SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4th A TOTAL STOREWIDE EVENT! HO NETTE'S Furniture & Appliances Inc. LIVING ROOM SUITES! PLAN NOW TO JOIN HUNDREDS OF VALUE-WISE AREA HOMEMAKERS AS THE STORE SETS ASIDE THESE FEW HOURS TO OFFER EVERY ITEM IN EVERY DEPT. AT IMPORTANT REDUCTIONS! 6 HOURS ONLY TOMORROW ONLY '1299.00 Lane Camelback Sofa Cotton Chintz Floral Cover $5^ 900 s l 498.00 Benchcraft Modern Sofa & Love Seat Multi-Colored Earth Tone Cover *\749°° '1888.00 Broyhill Love Seat & Matching Chair $749°° '899.00 Benchcraft Modem Loose Pillow Back Sofa (White Tapestry) $43300 TREMENDOUS! Traditional Green Stripe Love Seat Reg. '549.00 $-f 33 00 STUNNING Broyhill Pine Student Desk Reg. '349.00 $-f99°° GREAT! Quen Size Mattress Set Reg. 799.00 $32900 NOTICE! CLOSEO SMASHING! King Size Set (One Only) 3JZ49JX). FABULOUS! Broyhill Burgandy Ottoman Reg. '319.00 $9900 v/ i CHECK THIS! Brass & Crystal Lamp (One .Only) Reg.'149.00 $4400 WONDERFUL! Solid Cherry High Poster Bed Reg. '1099.00 $49900 Many items are one of a kind. Some are. limited 1 quantities. Everything will be reduced for 6 hours. MOtn NOON 6 PM OUTSTANDING! Webb Oak 8-Gun Cabinet Reg. ^899.00 $ 499°° AWESOME! All Weather Wicker Sprinc Lounger Reg.'299.00 *9 SPLENDID! Spring Air Full Size Mattress Reg. *219.00 *99°° ^ EXTRA DELIVERY HELP 'EXTRA OFFICE STAFF ? > • UP ..All will be here to assist Til you at the sale! FAMOUS BRANDS REDUCED! • S. Bent • LOIM • Broyhill •Cnmterd • Sumtar • Action •Benchcraft *G.E. • TayloHQng • England!* > Hiiimony, many monl HUNDREDS OF SPECIALS ARE... NOT LISTED HERE! COME EARLY, STAY , LATE, BRING A • FRIEND AND BROWSE ITS BIG! $ 479.00 Broyhill Swivel Rockers. Teal Green Color $ 389.00 Solid Maple Glider (Green) $ 550.00 Broyhill Wing Chair. Floral Cotton Print Rocker Recliner Mauve Fabric. $319 00 $ 269°° $ 288°° CREDIT? Of Course! Add onto your present account — New accounts are welcome. r A 1 MasterCard, *2275iO(VCmwtclrd'^blid Cherry Dresser, Lancfecape Mirror,5 t . •~- Mlt% Drawer Chest, Headboard . $ 1399°° «2293.00 Broyhill Triple Dresser, Mirror, Desk, Chair, 2 Twin $«*OQOO Headboards, Night Stand *988 W •2700.00 Webb Shaker°Pine Door Triple Dresser, Triview Mirror, $400000 Armoire, Windsor Bed 1 oao •1239.00 Broyhill Honey Pine Double Dresser, Gallery Mirror, 5 $899°° Drawer Chest, Panel Headboarck OFF! ODDS-M-ENDS •549.00 Lane Modem c^^™, White Queen Headboard *99 00 *219.Q0 BroyhiU Student DeskChairOak S^AOO (UptolsteiedSeat) , *49 UU •989.00iRCA Dryer Large Capacity, Autodry Control, Permanent Press, $94,000 3Heat.Selections **** •349.95 RCA Built-in Dishwasto E Savef,r Plate'Warmer 730.00 Modem Queen Innerspring Sleeper, Mui-Colored Textured Fabric •1099.00 Traditional Queen $7 >• noo Innerspring Sleeper by Broyhill I **5J •969.00 Traditional Queen Innerspring Sleeper SEtQQOO Floral Jacquared Cover '\ •639.00 Twin Innerspring Sleeper. Modem *399«> Chenille Material . • w *\** $ 199 oo New & Save Welcome! AVCNETTE'S FURNITURE & APPLIANCE, INC. Mooers, New York 12958 • (518)236-7123 Noon Til 6 PM_tomorrow Only! Hurry! Save! A Total Sale For Your Home! • LIVING ROOMS! • OPEN STOCK • DINING ROOMS! BEDROOMS! • BEDROOM • DESKS! SUITES! 'CHESTS! •S0FASI., 'WALL UNITS! •LOVE SEATS! 'FAMILY ROOM • ROCKERS! GROUPSI • RECUNERS! • MODULAR •HIDEAWAY BEDS! GROUPS! •BUNK BEDS!. 'TABLE LAMPS! • DINETTES! • ACCESSORIES! • MATTRESS SETS • SECTIONAL IN ALL SIZES! SOFAS! • TRUNDLE BEDS! • MATES BEDSI THOUSANDS OF ODDS AND ENDS SLASHED TO SELL! DOZENS OF SPECIAL FACTORY PURCHASES! tVERYTMlNSiSONmiL •2199.00 Webb Shaker Pine Trestle Table w/6 Upholstered $4 4 0000 Ladderbaek Chairs 11OO •999.00 Daystrom Double Pedestal Table & *-»-*-.«« . 4 Tilt Swivel Chairs *688 •6100.00 Broyhill Premier Bed & ' Breakfast Farm Table (Opens to 96\) Chairs & 60\ Mirrored Back China •2750.00 Crawford Solid Oak Trestle Table $il|QQ00 w/6 Windsor Back Chairs • OV9 PLWTSBURfiH Courtesy Smi Member New Albank Anurican Ha (Ayerst Labo Amtilcan Sal (Arpak) Amnlgu (Petrolane L. BankofN.Y.. B*nl,J*rry'>. Chait-Manhc (Chase Linco Colllm ! • A1V (Imperial Wf Dardan Ruto (Red Lobster Dow Jonti... (Ottaway Ne Evtrgrmn Be (Keeseville ^ Fay Dnigi.... Fadaral Expi FlMt-Nantai Ftonllar Com (AuSable Gwrgla Paei Groiimani... Hannofoid B (Sun Foods I Amarltac AlrTouch Cc AT1T Ball Atl Bill South... NYNEX PoeT«l 'SWMfc....-:..' USWtt

xml | txt